Friday, September 16, 2005

Happy Birthday Kate!!!


So, my sister, Kate, has her birthday today. I am finishing up a pair of alpaca socks for her using the Nancy Bush pattern in the Fall 05 IK. You can see the completed first sock below. I had misgivings about making such a nice pair of socks for a teen, but Kate is responsible. I made her a card with the above picture on the front. Inside, I give some historical info about Alpacas and on the back, I give instructions for caring for her socks. I also suggested a pedicure before wear, just because I recently gave myself a pedicure and I couldn't believe the difference.

I bought the yarn for Teva Durham's Lace Leaf Pullover on ebay yesterday. I was reading through some posts, and everyone seemed very pleased with Rowan Polar as a substitute, so that is what I went with.

I'm visiting my family in Pittsburgh this weekend, so I will have to start another project. All of the projects I have going in earnest now are for members of my family for xmas.

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Tag, you are it...details are on my blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home