Sunday, September 25, 2005

Solid Jazz Socks



Solid Jazz Socks
Yarn: Artful Yarns Jazz (50% alpaca, 50% wool)
Color: #58 Charlie
Needles: US #7 for top, US #6 for heel flap to toe
Pattern: Cozy armchair socks designed by Norah Gaughan In Weekend Knitting, Melanie Falick, p 112 (ISBN: 1-58479-291-4)

The inspiration for these socks came from the above pattern, but I changed it a little, using 2x2 ribbing down the instep and a different heel.

I did the first one, but I don't know if I want to do the second right now. I think I'd like to work on a sweater and save the sock for KIP, but I have a history of starting and not finishing projects. I blame it on the number of lovely patterns and fine yarns.

Let's discuss works in progress:

1. Irish Hiking Scarf
2. Lace Leaf Pullover, not very far on this. Not sure that the yarn is working or that the gauge is on.
3. 2 other pairs of socks in DK weight yarn
4. 1 shawl that I haven't worked on in about 2 years.
5. 1 scarf that is so boring to work on.

Not too bad.

What I want to start on is a top-down raglan pullover with about six inches of ribbing down the sleeves and through the waist. I just got my yarn for it in the mail 2 days ago, Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in Avocado.

3 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger JustApril said...

You'll have great fun with the top-down sweater - they knit up surprisingly fast, too - I'm itching to start one for myself too - I have some yummy giangancho chunky stuff that would be SO stinking fast to knit - I'm doing some gift stuff 1st tho - the sweater will be my reward for getting the gift projects done. (I have to trick myself into finishing things, too) =))

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger . said...

I love the socks!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Heya Erica. Nice socks. I'm taking this class called narrative & Technology. I have to keep a blog, so I thought I'd pick the site that lets me leave comments on yours! =)

Here's my URL:
http://laumes.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home