Monday, February 06, 2006

Knitting Class / More on Lace

KNITTING CLASS: I am taking the Knitting 2 class at Shuttles. Each student chooses a sweater pattern out of the Knitting 2 binder to be worked over 4 class sessions. There is one class per week for 3 weeks, one week off (probably to get caught up on the knitting), and a final class.

Pattern: Knitting Pure & Simple Neckdown V Neck Shaped Cardigan (241)
Yarn: Cascade 220 in Ivory
Needles: US 6 32" addi turbos
Gauge: 40 sts = 4"

So far it has been going well. I really like how the pattern does the raglan sleeve increases.

LACE: Ok, so Jenifer left a comment that maybe I should use a sockweight yarn for my first lace scarf and save the kidsilk haze for when I have more experience. That got me thinking about what I have in my stash that would work well for a lace weight scarf. I have some Rowan 4 ply soft merino pictured here on the right in this lovely blue color that I am leaning towards. I think this would be perfect! Between the flowers that I am working on and the above sweater, I may not be able to start on the lace scarf for a month. That will give me lots of time to find the perfect pattern!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home