Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Flower Power

Doesn't this picture look like a yarn ice cream, flower cone and a chocolate cherrie on top?! Scruptious, I could eat it up! So here is my flower progress. I am doing better than I expected, but not as well as I hoped. Maybe my flowers should have been my knitting olympics project!

BACKGROUND STORY: I am knitting 150 of these flowers for my June 3, 2006 wedding favors (with some help from my dear knitting friends.) Imagine each flower is perched atop a chocolate colored box the size of a small box of tea. Each flower will be
fastened onto the box with the chocolate colored ends from the bobble.

3 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger Erica.Hysterica said...

The boxes will contain Celestial Seasonings tea! The one and only Celestial Seasonings factory is located less than 1 mile from my house, so it is a local business to me. I haven't decided on a flavor yet.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Alex said...

The flowers look great! I just bought a pair of #6 Addis for my Olympic project, so as soon as that's done maybe I can make some flowers. :)

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger jen said...

Wow, that's looking really nice so far!! I love the chocolate middles and the strings to attach them. GOod luck on your lace project -- I think it'll be gorgeous! I've always wanted to try that Jaeger Spun laceweight. And Olympics, schmolympics ... as long as you're feeling good about what you're doing. :) That top-down cardi will be nice, though. See you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home