Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Not Knitting, but...


I am pregnant with a baby girl! and I am sewing! I don't know how to sew, so it is a learning process. This is actually the first item that I have ever made without my home ec teachers, my mother, or a friend. Needless to say, it is a simple pattern.

Yesterday, I went to Joann's. I picked out the pattern. I spent a million years trying to find the perfect fabric combinations that had enough left on the bolt for all the projects I want to make. Finally, I came home, ate, napped, and got to work. Voila, this morning, I finished my baby quilt. (I figure it can double as a picnic blanket as the reverse is all the checker pattern.)

In addition to the lovely quilt, I am going to make a bumper, bed skirt, basket liners, and a pillow for the glider.

The kitties really like the pattern paper. They hid under it, nested into it, tried to eat it, ran and dove into it, and used it as a sheild. Hopefully they didn't damage any pieces I need. If they did, I will still love them.

4 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Meike said...

Erica, I am sooooo excited about your fabulous sewing projects!!!!!
The quilt looks fantastic!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Alex said...

oh, it's super cute! :) I love the floral fabric.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger emily said...

i'm so happy to see that you posted! yeah! for us.

i love the blanket and think that adding sewing to your skill set is marvelous!

keep up the posting-- like i'm one to talk!

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger jen said...

I'm so excited to hear the big news, Erica! (Belatedly, sorry!) Very exciting for you ... can't wait to hear more some day (maybe before the baby is actually born)! Take care -- J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home