Friday, March 17, 2006

100 thing about me

I have seen a bunch of these things on people's blogs. Today, I decided to do one myself.

One Hundred Things About Me:
1. I live with 2 cats (Portia & Dexter) and a man (Adam) in Boulder, Colorado, USA.
2. I love to travel. I have been to 16 countries and 33 US states. I plan to visit many more places.
3. I dream in color.
4. I like designing websites.
5. I am a librarian, and I love what I do. I get to work with teens.
6. I can't wait to be a mother.
7. I am right handed.
8. I pierced my nose myself when I was 16. I started wearing a nose ring again when I turned 28.
9. I love a good story.
10. I was born in Maryland.
11. I attended elementary school in Brimley in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
12. I attended Balswin High School in Pittsburgh.
13. I would like to publish a novel, but I currently don't write.
14. I am learning about houseplants and plan to cultivate window boxes this summer.
15. I burn and freckle.
16. My office / knitting room is a mess.
17. My personality type is INFP.
18. When I was growing up I wanted to be an astronaut, an archeologist, a vet, an artist, and a writer, chronologically.
19. If I had it to do over I would have majored in Neuroscience, Linguistics, or Writing.
20. I love watching Anne of Green Gables and Pride and Prejudice. They are hilarious.
21. I think I am very tolerant and find joy in people's differences.
22. Social problems baffle me.
23. I used to diagram sentences for fun.
24. I have a hard time doing even simple math in my head, but I like doing math problems if I have paper, pencil, and no one looking over my shoulder.
25. I can type approximately 55 wpm with 0 mistakes.
26. I would like to speak French fluently (or at least semi-fluently.)
27. Currently, my favorite alcoholic drink is a dirty gin martini.
28. I am learning how to dance.
29. I should drink more water.
30. I wish I could read faster.
31. Sometimes I like to go bicycling.
32. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother. I am the oldest.
33. I love english toffee.
34. I like to throw useless things away.
35. I love watching thunderstorms.
36. I am a morning person.
37. I am not religious.
38. I can see the foothills of the rocky mountains from my bedroom window.
39. When I was 20 and was living in Pittsburgh, I hopped on a greyhound bus in the middle of the night and ended up in Montreal.
40. I stayed at the youth hostel there for a week, and then took a greyhound to Santa Fe, NM where I lived for 9 months. The greyhound ride from Montreal to Santa Fe took over 50 hours.
41. While there, I worked at the Georgia O'Keeffe museum during the first and second years it was open.
42. I have gotten much better at interacting with people as I have aged.
43. I don't like finishing things, like the last little bit of milk or shampoo or sliver of soap. This drives Adam crazy.
44. I start way more books and knitting projects than I ever finish.
45. I am getting better at finishing knitting projects.
46. I drive a 2004 Nissan Sentra in a neutral metallic color.
47. I used to have pretty bad vision -3.5 and -4.5 with severe astigmatism, but I had eye surgery last month and now I can see without glasses.
48. I still look for my glasses in the morning and attempt to take them off of my face before I go to bed.
49. I was teased a lot in school. I think a lot of kids are.
50. I haven't seen my biological father since I was a very small child, but we email sporadically.
51. When I was 15, I thought I looked like a boy, so I started wearing dresses.
52. I cycle between look nice and not giving a @#$%.
53. I have fainted many times in my life. I haven't fainted in a couple of months now.
54. One time, I fainted in public because I was READING a passage describing self-mutilation.
55. I was very depressed as a teenager and tried to kill myself multiple times. I had to stay in mental hospitals.
56. I ran away from home.
57. I used lots of illegal substances.
58. I dropped out of high school.
59. I graduated from college with honors.
60. Now I have a masters degree in library and info sci with a focus on youth services.
61. I have a soft spot in my heart for teens, because I remember how hard it can be.
62. I don't regret anything.
63. I love camping.
64. I didn't develop breasts until I was in my early 20s when I gained 20#s. I thought I was a very boyish girl, but really I was just under weight.
65. Now, I am about 20#s more voluptuous than I would like to be.
66. I am not a very good speller.
67. I used to know how to program in C, C++, and Java, but it has been years and I don't think I know how to do it anymore.
68. I studied computer information systems with a minor in cognitive psychology as an undergrad. I started as a Linguistics major, changed to sociology, and finally settled on CIS because of its interdisciplinary nature.
69. I still love linguistics.
70. I have a hard time making decisions because I like so many things. Making a decision is saying NO to many options.
71. I still dream about Rowl, my kitty from childhood who lived for 20 years.
72. Cheesy songs make me cry.
73. I cry when I am happy.
74. I used to tell myself stories.
75. I still do, especially when I am doing things I don't want to do.
76. I can never remember the punch lines of jokes.
77. I don't like to dwell on the past.
78. I want to visit all the continents of the world.
79. Adam and I are visiting Honolulu, Kauai, Maui, Hilo, Christmas island, bora bora, raiatea, moorea, and tahiti for our honeymoon cruise.
80. We plan on having babies soon.
81. We have known each other since he was 17 and I was 19, but we didn't start dating until 2 years later (when I got back from Santa Fe)
82. I wish I were smarter, but I am glad I am as smart as I am.
83. I wish I were better at being thoughtful, but this is something I am working on.
84. Writing lists helps me be more productive.
85. I just started a subscription to martha stewart living because I would like to be better at organizing a household.
86. I think I will be a great mother.
87. I am good at listening when I realize someone needs someone to listen.
88. I should drink more water.
89. I love taking hot bathes with lavender oil.
90. I love taking walks in the evening.
91. I love wearing nice clothes and eating at nice restaurants.
92. My favorite meal is tuna steak done rare with a peppercorn crust; veggies maybe asparagus, onions, and mushrooms or a fresh spinach salad with goat cheese; some warm, crusty bread; and a decadent dessert.
93. I also really love oatmeal, grilled cheese sandwiches, claussen's pickles, french croissants, large vats of homemade soup, fresh fruit, yogurt, and ice cream.
94. I am an ok cook and baker, but I should really practice more often.
95. I love ethnic food too, especially anything spicy.
96. I think of myself as an intermediate knitter, but I am not afraid to try difficult patterns and techniques.
97. I am also not afraid to keep it simple.
98. I try not to dislike people based on their political or religious belief, but to look deeper into them.
99. I would like to revisit this list and perhaps revise it every year or so. Hmm, I wonder if I will.
100. I am getting married on June 3, 2006.

1 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger emily said...

you look a little "tori amos-don't-fuck-with-me" in that last picture.

all the others are simply adorable!!

did i leave my circ. needles at Amante?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home