Sunday, February 26, 2006

Alpaca Extravaganza

The Alpaca Breeders Alliance of Northern Colorado is holding its 2006 Alpaca Extravaganza this weekend at the Boulder County Fairgrounds, about 15 minutes from where I live. Some SnBers from Boulder met up there: Alex, Jenifer, Meike and (Meike's) Alex. They had an amazing assortment of alpaca products and kitsch: from stuffed animals of all sizes and cookie cutters (yes, cookie cutters!) to lovely garments, roving, and a nice assortment of alpaca yarn. Although I was tempted to make many purchases, I decided not to buy anything. Perhaps that was the easiest decision since their were so many nice yarns and I had limited myself to $40 which wasn't enough for even 2 skeins of the yarns that caught my eyes.

Alpacas tug at my heartstrings. There soft coat, doe eyes, and sweet temperment make them an ideal candidate for a pet. Although, the cost is prohibitive at this point. (Adam, don't you want alpacas!) Even if I don't have alpacas, I think it would be very cool if Meike and Alex had some! Alpaca farming may suit them. (Meike and Alex, don't you want alpacas!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home