Saturday, March 25, 2006

Angora Baby Booties

Pattern: Angora Baby Booties from Last-minute Knitted Gifts
Designer: Joelle Hoverson
Yarn: As called for in pattern, Belangor 100% angora in color Biscayne (#810). I bought it from purlsoho.com
Needles: US #5 dpn
Gauge: ??

More baby booties! These take no time at all (knit on US #5 s.) Simple pattern. Love the double knit technique she uses for the toe. I really, really want to make them in the Bouton d'Or Angora in the bright coral color as pictured on p. 37 in the book, but can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where/if I can get it? Maybe I'll look around for an equally brilliant red in another brand of angora.

This is the first time I knit with 100% angora. It really tickles my nose, but I don't mind. Dexter cat has been trying to EAT the booties and sneakily lies down next to me just to get a little closer to the fluff. I have never seen him this determined to get yarn and (gasp) finished objects before.

I have a LYS run planned with Emily today! (Emily doesn't yet have a personal blog, but she is a dedicated blog reader who is certain to be sucked further in.) Following our LYS visit, we are going to head over to Borders on Pearl Street for a delightful knitting filled afternoon with the gals (and maybe our token man, Tom). Now, I have to decide which projects to bring to knitting.

2 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger emily said...

hehe-- you're so sneaky! you didn't even tell me i was mentioned.

okay, i'm gonna work on the blog of mine... can you hear the suction noise taking me in?!

hardy, har har!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger jen said...

I was so happy to see your bootees ... but I just realized I didn't touch them. Boo. :) I think you should crank up the suction noise on the blogging addiction for Emily ... she really needs to start a blog. Hear that, Emily??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home